Have you ever seen the Bleeding Hearts plant? Usually, the moment that you see it, you will be fascinated by it. Bleeding Hearts is known as Dicentra Spectabilis. They are usually great to see because they are heart shaped but instead of looking like perfect hearts, they seem to be bleeding from the tip. This feature makes them entirely different from all the other plants that you will see.
How to Grow Bleeding Hearts
Do you know that the condition of the soil can make a huge difference with how the plant will grow? You may need to moisturize the soil from time to time. It will also be best if you could use organic soil for your plants. You may also need to place organic mulch on the soil so that the plant will be able to get the nutrients that the plant needs. Other ways in order to help Bleeding Hearts grow is to do the following:
• Plant the Bleeding Hearts on a shady area. They do not need too much sunlight in order to grow.
• You may need to plant the Bleeding Hearts during Fall or Spring.
• Do remember that it is only normal for your plant to wither because of the heat of summer. Do not be alarmed when this happens. This is what the plant usually does in order to get enough food needed for the next year.
• You constantly need to place fertilizers to ensure the growth and the health of the plant.
Bleeding Hearts may be a bit hard to take care of if you do not know what you need to do. Make sure that the plant grows naturally. It will release plant food into the soil as well and this can be helpful to ensure that the blooms will get better next time.
If in case you would like to increase the amount of Bleeding Hearts that are available within the area, you may want to divide clumps of the plant every 2 – 3 years. Do remember not to do this every year because the plant may not be able to take it. Remember that you may also get some seeds from the plants but the clumps may increase the chances of the Bleeding Hearts to grow.
Other Tips You Have to Remember
There may still be other things that you have to consider so that you can let Bleeding Hearts grow effectively:
• Remember to have plant compost available for your plant before you place the plant in the proper place.
• Make sure that you will plant them at least 2 feet apart so that they can be protected from each other.
• You have to remember that you cannot place too much water during winter time. While it is growing, you need to make sure that you will be placing enough water so that it will be able to grow well.
Once you know how you can make Bleeding Hearts grow, you may be surprised with how simple it actually is. You will actually benefit a lot from it.