Many advantages of using COB LED like the products that Rapid LED grow lights offer. It is one of the most effective lighting fixtures for indoor gardening. The most common issue gardeners find when using COB LEDs is that they can be costly. Rapid LED provides you with the best solution to this problem.
What Are The Benefits Of Rapid LED?
COB or Chip-on-Board LED by Rapid LED composes of tiny LEDs wired and packaged into a single board. It is a sole light source that provides more benefits compared to other grow LED lights.
- Higher Density And Deeper Canopy Penetration
Having more diodes packed in a small space gives you higher light density. You can produce more light without needing too much space for the fixture to fit your grow room. The compact design of Rapid LED grow lights can also penetrate deeper into the canopy compared to other light setups. Moreover, COB lights have more excellent light uniformity and intensity.
- Improved Light Spectrum And Quality
COB lights come in different colors like warm or cool white. With a DIY COB setup, you can combine different fixtures to get a complete plant light spectrum. Unlike other types of growing LED light, COB LED offers a much broader and focused PAR spectrum.
It also emits a high Color Rendering Index, which reveals realistic plant colors as it would appear under the sunlight. The white light helps you detect plant issues quickly compared to a purple, yellow, or red-tinged light.
Efficient Quality Product
- Better Light Distribution And Energy Efficiency
As an alternative to a single-point light source, you can place the COB LEDs far apart in a frame. It helps to distribute light more evenly. You can personalize it to match your specific needs. This setup allows you to avoid hotspots and love intensity areas across your grow room.
- Generates Less Heat And Longer Lifespan
The minimalistic design and components of a COB LED allows it to emit far less heat than other lighting methods. It uses a heat sink with no fans to help distribute temperature more successfully. This feature also contributes to the lifespan of the lighting fixture. The favorable temperature prolongs the service life of the high-quality LEDs that Rapid LED grow lights produce.
3 Best Rapid LED Grow Lights: Reviews
Rapid LED produces DIY COB kits that take out the cost for fans, diodes, and other parts that you don’t need. Here are the best grow light fixtures that Rapid LED offers.
1. CORE85 LED Bar Grow Light Fixture – Best
If you need a lighting fixture for farming, rooting, seedlings and clones, Rapid LED’s bar light is the perfect product for you. It is the best grow LED when your plant requires close-proximity and low light levels. This product also comes ready to use straight out of the box, too.
- Covers 2 by 4 feet area
- Comes in either 3000k or 4000k color temperature
- Best lighting for all growing stage including vegetative, rooting, or flowering
- Has ETL certified safety standard
- Easy to set up with no assembly required
- It is non-dimmable, so you have to adjust the mounting height to fine-tune light intensity.
2. 75W CREE CXB3590 COB LED Grow Light Fixture – Cheapest
This 75-watt plug and play grow light produce high intensity and full-spectrum light with less energy and heat. It uses a CREE LED that offers 30% more efficacy and 20% higher lumens. This fixture is the best and the most inexpensive option for supplemental lighting, single plants, or lighting corner spaces.
- Equipped with one CREE CXB3590 LED
- 160mm pin heatsink disperses heat efficiently
- A wide reflector helps to focus light on a smaller space
- Provides full-spectrum coverage of 2-3 square feet
- Perfect for either flowering or vegetative stages
- You’ll need other supplemental lights for added versatility.
3. Rapid LED 100W LED Grow Light Fixture – Best Cost-Benefit.
Rapid LED grow lights, like this specific product, are ideal for indoor gardeners who want to test the benefits of COB LEDs. This 100-watt LED grow light has a 2to3 square feet coverage. It is perfect and useful for flowering stages. You can use it as complementary lighting for corners or as a single fixture for small grow rooms.
- Comes with Samsung’s LM301B diodes
- Very efficient and has a low heat output
- Can cover 2 to 3 square feet area
- Small and compact structure and design
- Ideal use for vegetative and flower cycles
- You might need to add a reflector to direct lighting for smaller grow areas.
DIY COB style Rapid LED grow lights are gaining popularity among indoor gardeners because of its exceptional benefits. It provides a more powerful lighting solution for plants using far less electricity and at a lower temperature. Furthermore, COB LEDs are easier to use and setup. If you are looking for the best lighting method, make sure that you choose Rapid LED to grow lights. You get plants with better quality and higher yield.