With the incredible benefits and applications of CBD oil, there’s no wonder that a lot of people want to make them at home. However, while most are fancied of the idea, not all are aware of how to create this fantastic product. It’s a great thing that with the right steps involved, you can do it in a breeze and reap its advantages. No worries, read below and discover how you can make CBD oil at the comfort of your home.
Benefits of Using CBD Oil
Before we discuss the steps, take a look at some of the benefits CBD oil offers. Once you know the advantages it brings, you will have enough reasons to create CBD oil on your own.
Pain Relief. The most sought after benefit of CBD oil is its analgesic properties, making it effective in alleviating the physical pain felt. If you’re experiencing chronic pain conditions, such as muscle spasms or fibromyalgia, CBD oil can be useful in relieving the pain.
Depression and Anxiety Reduction. Many studies supported claims that CBD aids in handling anxiety and stress. Truth to be told, it is the top alternative medicine for managing social anxiety disorder and obsessive-compulsive disorder.
Treatment of Nausea. If you’re frequently suffering from nausea and vomiting, CBD oil can also be a great help.
Fights Cancer. Search for claims, and you’ll see lots of them about how CBD can aid in staving off cancer cells. Even the American Cancer Society acknowledges that CBD oil can work great in slowing down the development of cells that bring cancer.
Ways To Make CBD Oil
Now that you’re aware of the incredible benefits CBD oil offers, let’s cut through the chase and talk about how to make CBD oil and the different methods you can use.
The ‘Oil Method’ is deemed as one of the safest ways to extract CBD Oil. In this method, you must use a carrier oil, such as olive or coconut oil. This method is more popular among users as it is entirely safe and residue-free. Moreover, you get to reap the benefits of CBD brings and that of the carrier oil as well.
Steps on How to Make CBD Oil using the Oil Method
1. First and foremost, choose leaves, buds, stems of a premium quality cannabis plant from your grow tent. Remember that the quality of the initial greens you’ll use directly affect the quality of the final product.
2. See to it that the raw cannabis plants have undergone the decarboxylation process. To accomplish this, bake your leaves and buds for 90-100 minutes at around a temperature of 220°F. This process is essential as it’s heating the cannabis plants for a certain period of time at a specific temperature leads to the activation of the plant’s natural chemicals.
3. Blend the ground-up weed and your chosen carrier oil in a mason jar to saturate them. You can add or adjust the quantity of the oil depending on your preference and your desired potency of the by-product.
4. Once saturated, bring the weed-oil mixture to a boil. Don’t forget to secure the lid of your mason jar to avoid any water or steam from getting into the oil mixture.
5. Place a towel on the bottom of your pan. Then, put the mason jar on top. Add water until the temperature reaches 200 degrees. See to it to use a thermometer to make it accurate.
6. Check your pan routinely and make sure that the water doesn’t evaporate completely. Let the oil simmer for around three hours. Then, leave it for another three hours.
7. Once done, it is advisable to repeat heating and leaving the mixture for three hours each. After that, your CBD Oil is available for use the next morning. Make to strain the mixture using a cheesecloth and store in a cool and dry location.
Also known as the ethanol method, the ‘Alcohol Method’ is a popular option for most beginners. What makes it great for newbies is that it doesn’t require advanced tools or special skills to accomplish. Alcohol, as an extracting agent, works incredibly as it does not produce any unpleasant taste or smell compared to other carriers.
Steps on How to Make CBD Oil using the Alcohol Method
1. To get started, place the cannabis plant in a glass or ceramic bowl. Put alcohol and stir and squeeze it for around 7 minutes. Once done, extract the resin created using a wooden spoon.
2. To filter out the solvent, use a straining sieve or bag in the bowl. If you think that a significant amount of oil can still be extracted, go ahead and repeat the squeezing procedure.
3. Place the extracted oil in a double boiler and heat it until you see bubbles start forming. What you’d like to achieve is to get the alcohol to evaporate without elevating the temperature. Let the oil simmer for around half an hour under a low flame. Once you notice that all the alcohol has evaporated, mix the oil and turn off your stove.
4. Let it cool and place the extract on a secured container and store it in a cool and dry place.
What Marijuana Strains To Use
When making CBD Oil, you would always want to get the best-finished product. With that, it is your best interest to get the right marijuana strain. This process will have a considerable impact on the effectiveness and quality of the CBD Oil you’ll produce.
Generally, you must select those strains that are rich in CBD but low in THC. With that, some of the best strains to consider are ACDC, Charlotte’s Web, Harle Tsu, and Harlequin.
There is no particular skill, expertise or experience needed to make your own CBD Oil. Even if you’re a newbie, you can do this in a breeze. Regardless of the method that you will choose, you can be assured that you can complete it without much effort and quickly reap all the fantastic benefits CBD oil offers.