Growing with LED lights is one of the most advanced technology for nurturing indoor plants that has numerous advantages. The cutting-edge technology of LED grow lights enable indoors plants to grow under optimal light intensity for perfect products. And the best part? LED grow lights are extremely affordable. If you think that you cannot find cheap LED grow lights under USD 50 then think again. Besides, those cheap LED grow lights are extremely energy efficient, really easy to install and set up, and can efficiently be used throughout a plant’s full life cycle.
There are many factors that can determine the type of LED grow light that is effective for your plants. These factors include LED grow light spectrum, light output, canopy penetration, coverage area, and the cost.
We have reviewed the best and most popular cheap LED grow lights under USD 50, Under USD 100, and under USD 200.
The best cheap LED Grow Lights under $50
1. Galaxyhydro 54W LED Grow Light Bar
This is an impressive cheap LED grow lights manufacturer by GalaxyHydro. It is a bar LED grow light that is uniquely designed to effectively be used to provide supplemental or extra light especially in large areas where indoor plants are grown.
It, therefore, provides a perfect solution for plants that are grown in a large tent where LED lights may not be sufficient. Besides, this bar LED light can be used to provide light to one or two plants. The lights are designed with a reflective sheeting that reflects all the LED lights to the growing plants.
• The brackets are designed to freely rotate through 180 degrees
• Has more coverage than the ordinary 54W bulbs
• Is highly energy efficient
• Does not provide sufficient light
• Pose challenges when it comes to hanging
• Comes with no warranty
2. Solarxia 45W LED Panel Grow Light
It is a popular supplemental light that provides 18W of LED grow light. It has two highly effective lights that come in form of movable bars. As a result, you can position the lights in any position that you feel will provide the best lighting for your indoor plants. The strength of this LED grow light is in the placement as it can be placed right next to the plant to enhance canopy penetration as well as coverage. It is really cheap.
• Has a clip that allows you to hang
• Has movable arms that can be separated and positioned in different ways
• Has exclusively wide spectrum
• Its spectrum is not full
• Not very powerful
• Has no warranty
3. TaoTronics LED Plant Grow Light For Hydroponic Garden Greenhouse
It is a popular best selling brand for either supplemental or single plant lighting. It has 12 LEDs dominated with red and blue light with a broad spectrum. It is suitable for supplementing lights particularly around the edges of a tent. It is appropriate for seedlings as well as cloning as these processes do not require intense LED lights. It is incredibly cheap and has a one year warranty.
• Has broad spectrum
• Comes with one year warranty
• Compatible with 12W sockets
• Has a limited warranty
• Not powerful enough for perfect product
• Not entirely full spectrum
The best cheap LED Grow Lights under $100
4. BLOOMSPECT 300W LED Grow Light
This LED light has gained popularity over the last few years because it produces 300W highly effective grow light and cost half the normal price of grow lights with the same light output. The design makes the Bloomspect a favorite as each individual light has a build in powerful reflector.
The results are amazing as it can achieve 150% canopy penetration as well as high PAR output. It is ideal for 2’x2′ or 3’x3′ plant area. It even gets better as it comes with a cooling fan and aluminum heatsink. When you buy this light you will get a three-year warranty as well as a money back guarantee of 30 days.
• Comes with three year warranty
• Each LED has a built in reflectors
• Has more white light
• There are only a few sizes available
5. Galaxyhydro 300W LED Grow Light
It is a popular mid LED grow light and the 300W light are ideal for both small and medium indoor grows. The bestselling LED grow light, became popular as it is cheap, provide a wide spectrum, and suitable for both flowering and veg stages of a plant. This Roleadro product comes with a two-year warranty.
• Well designed
• Made from durable material
• Has 2-year warranty
• Cannot be dimmed
• Has no inbuilt reflectors
• Can’t be used for large-scale indoor grows
6. MaxiSun Dimmable LED Grow Light Series
This is one of the cheap LED grow lights that is customizable. It is dimmable therefore allowing you to adjust and set LED lights to match the various growth stage of your indoor plants such as cloning, seedlings, flowering and vegetative stage. It is equipped with durable and compact reflectors so as to enhance the level of canopy penetration by approximately 200% and improved PAR. It has an impressive warranty of three years.
• Dimmable to fit different stages of a plant
• Has a three-year warranty
• Can easily be hanged as it has highly effective daisy chain
• Fitted with timer for dimming effects
• Limited timer features
• The manual does not provide full instructions
The best cheap LED Grow Lights under $200
7. Apollo Horticulture GL-Series 180W LED Grow Light
This LED grow light is manufactured by Apollo, a popular name in the world of hydroponics. They are small, compact and equally powerful. Besides, it’s really light in weight and is equipped with a highly effective running fan to enhance ventilation. It’s appropriate for anyone who is starting out as the company is known to manufacture high-quality LEDs and even better, it comes with a two-year warranty.
• Has a two-year warranty
• Has an effective built-in fan
• Comes from a trusted LED manufacturer
• Is not equipped with full spectrum light
• Fitted with diodes of low quality that tends to burn out
8. Morsen LED Grow Lights
Morsen LED grow lights are large and provide sufficient power and are ideal for lighting large grows. They are reliable, durable, and provide the needed intensity for perfect product. Despite their high efficiency, they are really cheap.
• Provide full spectrum
• 10W individual LED so as to provide higher grow light output
• Comes from Morsen, a trusted LED manufacturer
• It is not dimmable
• It is bulky and large
9. iGloEZ High-Efficiency Full Spectrum LED Grow Light
This is an incredible standalone LED grow light that is suitable for lettuce and small herb gardens. The most amazing thing about this LED light is that it has an adjustable stand that allows light to be hanged from above. It makes the light more versatile hence loved by indoor growers.
• Has a highly versatile and adaptable stand
• Capable of standing on its own or it can be hung from an elevated point
• Has full spectrum
• Energy efficient
• Only provide power hence not used for large grows
• Has no warranty
Conclusion on the best cheap LED grow lights
Cheap LED grow lights have transformed indoors grows. They provide sufficient light that making it possible to produce high quality indoor grows. They come with features such as dimmable settings that can be adjusted to give perfect products. They are highly effective, available and affordable. And if you want to check out the best LED grow lights in the market, check out our review.